Saturday, February 16, 2008

Extra Credit Proposal Due in Section

Students:

This is just a reminder that you MUST turn in a proposal in section on Wednesday if you want to write an extracredit paper. As this was previously mentioned in section, and posted in this blog, there will be no exceptions.

http://usp2.blogspot.com/2008/01/extra-credit-optional-assignment.html

I have also received feedback on the exam, and all I can say is that I hope you could tell from last section that I sympathize with your concerns. I have already put in motion changes for the final, so I think that exam will run more smoothly.

Finally, I want you to know that in the upcoming weeks the Mayor of Del Mar, and possibly of Tijuana, will be joining our class. Possibly this week--so please, inform yourselves with knowledge of local issues, I would think especially if Jorge Ramos makes himself available to us that you will be able to engage in a dialogue with him.

For example, Voiceofsandiego is a fantastic source of local information, I encourage everyone to check it out for your own interests about the area. Here is a link to a piece about the proposed extension of the border at San Ysidro.

http://www.voiceofsandiego.org/articles/2008/02/08/news/border020808.txt

I heard that all the students who went down to make pavers experienced first hand this binational issue. But keep in mind that in many ways San Diego-Tijuana is one city--most clearly in sharing a collective environment, which makes that a joint urban challenge.

I'm also grading the exams and I have seen some great answers, especially in the short answer section it was nice to see those points of the curriculum get across. There have also been a lot of right answers on those biology multiple choice questions.

No comments: