Friday, January 9, 2009

How to use the class website

Students:

I just wanted to add a quick post to clarify what I said in section.


There are 2 ways to get to the readings for a given week:

1. You can look at the Syllabus page. This is complete for the entire quarter.

2. You can look at the Weekly Notes page. But as you can see, the page for Week 2 is not built yet.


As I said in section, come to class prepared to discuss Week 2's readings! Remember, you have summaries of the readings for Week 1, so use the questions and other summary materials to guide your reading. This should help focus and lighten the reading burden.

I will also post some points about Prof. Pezzoli's book. I realize he assigned a lot of pages from his book, so for now put that last on your reading list, and look to this space, or Week 2 Notes for help from Prof P on what's key from Parts 1 & 2.

Finally, I've started the Gottlieb book, and I hope you enjoy his personal writing style. I know many of you are from LA, so I expect you to have more than just academic reactions to his ideas!

No comments: